Anthony Breznican at Entertainment Weekly has revealed the 2018 San Diego Comic Con exclusive Black Series 6" sets with Han Solo (Bespin Outfit) and Mynock titled Han Solo Exogorth Escape, and the Kylo Ren vs. Rey set in a Centerpiece diorama. The Starkiller Base Centerpiece set has a steam function and a light-up backdrop which will make for a cool looking display.
The Han Solo Exogorth Escape set will cost $34.99 and the Starkiller Base Centerpiece diorama will cost $109.99. For the full reveal take a look at the Entertainment Weekly article. As always, a very limited number of sets will be available after the convention through HasbroToyShop.com and several international conventions later in the year.
Io9.com revealed Hasbro's 3.75" The Vintage Collection 3-pack this morning. The set includes three Star Wars figures from the new expanded universe with fan favorite Dr. Aphra (she will also be released single carded), 0-0-0 the protocol droid, and BT-1. The set will cost a whopping $50 (we are not kidding!) and will exclusively be sold at San Diego Comic Con 2018. A limited number of sets will be made available through HasbroToyShop.com after the show, but those typically sell out in a matter of minutes. You can read the entire story on Io9.com
JediBusiness.com will sit down with members of the Hasbro Star Wars brand team during San Diego Comic Con 2017 and ask them your questions about their Star Wars action figure toy lines.
A couple of things:
Getting the chance to interview Hasbro team members is a privilege, not a right. Hasbro is a big company which had sales topping 5 billion last year, and the company has been around for 94 years. We pass the privilege to interview team members to you, the fan. We are your voice directly to the people who make Star Wars action figures. When you post questions please be civil and friendly.
- Please don't ask about distribution (we have been asking about distribution several times per year since 2011, and whatever their business model is for distributing the way they do, it's just what it is at this point)
- Jedi Master Luke Skywalker from TFA has been confirmed to JediBusiness.com by Steve Evans in our interview on Toy Run - Episode 16, so that figure is coming in the 6" and 3.75" scales
- Don't ask about PlaySkool figures and toys, that's a different department (and we don't cover that line on J.B.)
- We can't guarantee that all questions will be asked (there is a time limit for the interview)
- We will release a transcript of the interview after the convention, and the audio will be made available on Toy Run - The Star Wars Action Figure Cast
- We will collect questions through Friday, July 14th 2017