Rancho Obi-Wan Will Be At Celebration Chicago!

1/16/2019 Rancho Obi-Wan Star Wars Celebration Chicago

Great news for Star Wars collectors! If you've never experienced the magic of Rancho Obi-Wan you will get your chance at a glimpse of Steve Sansweet's amazing Star Wars collection at Star Wars Celebration Chicago! We are excited to see what Steve Sansweet and his team will place on display. For a full Star Wars Celebration Chicago coverage stay tuned to JediBusiness.com as we'll be on location to bring you all the news happening on the show floor! 

Only Monday tickets remain unfortunately for Star Wars Celebration and you can get your tickets on the official website!

If you'd like to take a look at images which we took in 2012 of Rancho Obi-Wan have a look here please: Rancho Obi-Wan Photo Gallery 2012 and for our interview with Steve Sansweet please listen to Toy Run episode #10.

Rancho Obi Wan

 

Rancho Obi-Wan Featured On ABC News!

10/23/2018 Rancho Obi-Wan

Steve Sansweet and Rancho Obi-Wan were featured on ABC News today. Steve owns the largest privately owned Star Wars collection in the world, you can take a look at our photo gallery from 2012 here, and you can find more information about Rancho Obi-Wan on the official website!

Ranch Obi Wan

Carl Cunningham Pleads Guilty To One Count Of Felony Grand Theft!

7/11/2017 Rancho Obi-Wan

Remember our report about the theft at Rancho Obi-Wan? CBS News in San Francisco reported that Carl Cunningham has pleaded guilty to one count of felony grand theft! He faces four years in prison when he is sentenced Sept. 7, Deputy District Attorney Emily Malfatti said.

We understand that Mr. Cunningham also faces charges in Texas, where he allegedly stole valuable Star Wars collectibles from Phillip Wise (owner of Rebelscum.com) including a Rocket Firing Boba Fett. 

For the original story have a look here please: Difficult News From Rancho Obi-Wan

Rancho Obi Wan

Difficult News From Rancho Obi-Wan!

6/5/2017 Rancho Obi-Wan

Following message was sent out by Steve Sansweet from Rancho Obi-Wan:

Dear fellow Star Wars fans and collectors,

I need to share some distressing news with you because I need your help.

In February we at Rancho Obi-Wan found out that we had been the victim of a major theft that surreptitiously took place over many months in late 2015 through 2016. 

There were more than 100 valuable items stolen, the majority of them vintage U.S. and foreign carded action figures, many of them rare and important pieces. Most have either been resold or professionally appraised for a total of more than $200,000.

The theft came to light after Philip Wise, a good friend, major collector and owner of several Star Wars websites, posted news of the theft of his rare prototype rocket-firing Boba Fett action figure from his Texas warehouse. Zach Tann, a respected toy dealer and collector in Southern California, immediately notified Philip that he had purchased that figure from Carl Edward Cunningham, 45, a well-known Star Wars collector and R2-D2 builder from Marietta, Georgia.

Tann further told Philip that he previously had bought many other rare Star Wars collectibles from Carl and sent a detailed list. Philip said that he quickly concluded by the quantity and quality of items that they had likely been stolen from my collection here in Petaluma, California.

Tann is working closely with us and authorities to help recover and return as many of the stolen collectibles as possible. Without Zach Tann’s call to Philip, which came despite great potential personal financial exposure to himself, we might still not know of the theft or its extent. 

Carl surrendered on an arrest warrant from the Sonoma County, California Sheriff’s Department at the end of March and was charged with felony grand theft. He is currently free on bail with additional hearings in the case scheduled.

I have known Carl for many years, considered him a good and trusted friend, and played host to him at my home numerous times. I, and the staff at Rancho Obi-Wan, are devastated that he is the alleged perpetrator of the thefts. Not only have important items been stolen from the collection, but also our time, energy and ability to trust unconditionally have taken a blow. 

If you have any information about Carl Cunningham’s activities or items that he has sold please write to tips@ranchoobiwan.org. If you think you may have purchased a stolen item, please be patient while we work through this process. It is our goal to resolve this situation as quickly as possible and to continue to use the collection at Rancho Obi-Wan to “Inspire through the Force” despite the destruction caused by one person.

Thank you for your help,

Steve Sansweet, 

Rancho Obi-Wan

Rancho Obi Wan