- Articulation Count: 3
- Articulation Details: Rotating Dome, 2 swivel ankles;
- Accessory Count: 2
- Accessory Details: 2 Booster Rocket Attachments;
- This R2-D2 (Droid Factory Flight) was released individually carded
- The figure has a rotating dome - but it doesn't seem to have any functionality (like reeling the cable in)
- Both rocket booster attachments attach nicely onto the side of the legs
- When both outsides of the legs are pressed together - the middle leg moves out
- The string or cable runs all the way through the droid - it can be pulled out from the bottom through the leg in the middle or through a panel on the top of the dome
- When the string is held from both ends - the droid stays in the middle - which "simulates R2-D2's FLIGHT"
- The tether at the end of the string has a magnet inside of it - where C-3PO's head can be attached (the packaging says that C-3PO from the Droid Factory Assembly line can be attached to it - but we didn't test this)
- The droid feels very stiff - especially because only the ankles on the outer feet and the dome are movable
- The paint application on the dome seems to be pretty off with just a simple grey
- There are no little wheels in the feet
- Hasbro updated this figure in 2013: The Black Series R2-D2
Accompanying Padm+¬ on a rescue mission to the planet Geonosis - R2-D2 is chased into the huge battle droid factory - where he uses his jet-flight function in an attempt to escape his pursuers.