- Articulation Count: 4
- Articulation Details: Swivel dome, 3 swivel legs (middle leg can only be moved a little bit);
- Accessory Count: 0
- Accessory Details: None;
- This 1995 version of R2-D2 was the first new R2-D2 released after the vintage collection had ended in 1985
- R2's dome can be turned - but it has no functionality - and there is no clicking sound
- There is a small lever on the back of the droid which lets you manually move the middle leg into the body
- The dome has a clear plastic piece in it - which when light shines on it lights up R2-D2's "front eye"
- There are no wheels in the feet
- The cables on the front of both feet are painted on instead of being actual "cables" as seen on more modern astromech droids
R2-D2 is a tripodal computer repair and information retrieval robot - or astromech droid. As an R2 unit - he is equipped with navigational starfighter interfaces - plus extensive sensor packages and numerous devices to facilitate in-flight repairs: laser arc welder - circular saw - grasper arm - and fire extinguisher. He communicates through information-dense chips - beeps and whistles and seems to take pleasure in causing anxiety for his neurotic companion - the protocol droid C-3PO.